Prayer helps us to stay connected with
2. Loved Ones
3. Fellow Believers
- Who is the Almighty and Supreme One
- Who is the Father who loves and cares for us
- Who is our Provider, Protector, Healer, Deliverer, etc
- Who hears and answers prayer
- Whom we love and adore
- Whom we can boldly approach in good times and bad times
- Whom we must approach with faith, hope, trust, and thanksgiving
- If we believe, we will pray, trust, hope, never give up - for in due time we will receive His best for our life and family
What other nation is so great as to have their gods near them the way the Lord our God is near us whenever we pray to him? ---Deu 4:7
If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. ---2 Ch 7:14
Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. ---Lk 18:1
16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. ---1 Th 5:16-18
Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. ---Jas 5:13
2. LOVED ONES
- Immediate Family
- Extended family
- Local and Overseas
3. Fellow Believers
A. In Elim Church
- Make a list of people you know or are close to and pray for them
- Every Pastor, Staff, HOD, Leader have a list of people under their care to pray for and connect
- On your list, include the pastors and staff; the leaders and volunteers; the sick and troubled; the poor and needy;
- those struggling with fear, worry and uncertainty; those feeling displaced and disconnected; the lost and unsaved.
Let’s Pray for each other.
Therefore, confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. ---Jas 5:16
And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. ---Eph 6:18
B. In Other Churches
- Pray for pastors, leaders and members whom you know personally – especially when you received prayer requests concerning their needs.
- Text them your love and concern after you have prayed for them.
26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. 27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God. ---Rom 8:26-27
- Workplace: Bosses and colleagues
- School: Principals, teachers, and fellow students
- Camp: Commanders and fellow soldiers
- Public Places/Community: Local and Overseas
Therefore, He (Jesus) is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them. ---Heb 7:25
In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. ---Rom 8:26
- 1. Connect with each other physically and spiritually (through prayer).
- 2. Take time to pray for each other.
- 3. Do it willingly and intentionally.
- 4. Be an empowered intercessor.