Scripture: Psalm 145:18
The LORD is near (close) to all who call on Him, to all who call on Him in truth.
This is the day the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it. (Psalm 118:24)
I. The Lord
Who Is He?
- He is the Creator of heaven and earth.
- He is Omniscient, Omnipresent, Omnipotent and greater than Omicron.
- He is our Protector, Provider, Healer, Bondage-breaker, Deliverer, Miracle-worker.
- He is our faithful, good, great, gracious, gentle, and generous Father – who loves us and cares for us and wants to help us in times of trouble.
II. Is Near (Close)
- He is not a God far away
- He is right here with us even at this moment
- He is a close Father to us, not an absentee father
- He is never too busy for us
III. To All Who Call On Him
- He is not close to everyone but only to those who call on Him
- Especially to His beloved children, who humble themselves and acknowledge their need of Him
- Especially to those who trust Him with all their heart (Pro. 3:5-6; Phil. 4:6-7)
IV. In Truth
You can only call on Him in truth when you:
- have a relationship with Him
- read His Word and allow it to permeate your heart and mind
- pray according to His nature, characteristic and will found in the Scriptures, and not according to your own selfish needs and desires.
Remember, every time you call, God is near.
He thinks about you a lot more than you think about Him.
He loves and cares for you, and He wants to meet your needs.
“If you … know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!” (Matthew 7:11)
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. (Psalm 4:18)
God is close to you, and He knows what you are going through right now.
He feels your pain and understands your sorrows. He cares about every detail in your life.
We will end 2021 by turning to Him and calling on Him, and we will start 2022 by turning to Him and calling on Him too.