Scripture: Psalm 23:4
“Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff they comfort me.”
As we go through our dark valleys during this Covid19 crisis, God wants us to look to Him at all times, to trust Him always, to follow His instructions diligently, and to walk with Him closely - so that we will be triumphant and victorious.
Someone expounded Psalm 23 this way:
The Shepherd's Psalm - author unknown
- The Lord is my Shepherd = That's Relationship!
- I shall not want = That's Supply!
- He maketh me to lie down in green pastures = That's Rest!
- He leadeth me beside the still waters = That’s Refreshment!
- He restoreth my soul = That's Healing!
- He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness = That's Guidance!
- For His name sake = That's Purpose!
- Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death = That's Testing!
- I will fear no evil = That's Protection!
- For Thou art with me = That's Faithfulness!
- Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me = That's Discipline!
- Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies = That's Hope!
- Thou anointest my head with oil = That's Consecration!
- My cup runneth over = That's Abundance!
- Surely goodness and mercy (love) shall follow me all the days of my life = That's Blessing!
- And I will dwell in the house of the Lord = That's Security!
- Forever = That's Eternity!
Valleys are inevitable. All of us will go through the valley of trials and testings, temptations and troubles. It is a matter of time.
How to Walk Through the Valley of Difficulties
1. Walk with Confidence and Assurance (Ps. 23:1-3)
- God is our Heavenly Father, the All-powerful One who loves us and cares for us
- Everything is possible with Him
- Jesus is our Savior, Shepherd, Healer, Provider, Protector, Restorer, Faithful Friend, etc
- Holy Spirit is our Guide, Helper, Teacher, Comforter, Intercessor, Giver of power and spiritual gifts
2. Walk by Faith and Reliance (v.4)
- We learn to walk by faith through life’s difficulties and circumstances and not through hearing sermons and stories on faith nor reading books on faith.
- We are totally dependent on God’s promises and faithfulness
- He will be with us. He will never leave us nor forsake us
- He is able to do exceedingly abundantly more than all we ask, think or imagine (Eph. 3:20)
3. Walk with Praise and Worship (v.5)
- For His Table of Replenishment and Rejoicing
- For His Unction and Anointing
- For His Abundance and Generosity
4. Walk in Love and Thanksgiving (v.6)
- Walk in His blessing and security
- We are Blessed to be a blessing
- Freely received, freely give (Matt.10:8)
1. Have Faith in God
2. Trust Him completely
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. 7 Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil.
25 Have no fear of sudden disaster or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked, 26 for the LORD will be at your side and will keep your foot from being snared.